Doula Care For All
To improve the pregnancy and birth experience for all women at Hennepin Healthcare, by removing financial barriers to doula services.
What is a Doula?
A doula is an individual experienced in childbirth who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support before, during, and after childbirth. Doula care is evidence-based, labor support that improves patient outcomes and is a valuable enhancement to the care provided by the Birth Center at Hennepin Healthcare.
Healthy Births for Babies and Moms
The evidence for doula care is strong and plentiful. There are numerous randomized trials that have studied the effects of continuous labor support on more than 15,000 women giving birth. Overall, women who receive continuous labor support from a trained doula are:
• More likely to have a normal vaginal birth
• Less likely to use pain medication
• Less likely to have negative feelings about childbirth
• Less likely to have a Cesarean Birth
• More likely to have a shorter labor
• Less likely to have their babies have complications at birth or be admitted to a NICU
Show Your Support for Supported Birth
Our goal is to raise financial support to offer doula services for all women who desire such care but can’t afford it. Donations will allow us to partner with Twin Cities doula organizations and improve the birth outcomes of the women we are so honored to serve.